Monday 21 March 2011

Get thee Hence!



Excuse me, could I have a word?

What are you doing here, it’s Monday!

I know, I’m sorry, I normally only work on Sundays (see here) but I was worried about yesterday (see here).

“Was” worried or “am”?

Am.

Ah. Can I help?

Yes, you see I noticed that March’s posts are all meant to be connected to a theme of “Rain” (see here).

That is correct.

Well, yesterday, I got a bit carried away with my own sense of fun and I completely forgot. Consequently we didn’t say a thing about the wet stuff.

Unlike today?

Unlike today!

Where we have mentioned it twice already!

Three times if you count this bit.

Don’t worry.

Don’t worry?

No, or yes…. I mean - don’t.

Why not?

Well, a post with a complete absence of anything connected to rain, in the middle of a series of posts ALL with a mention of rain becomes, by its very nature, literally infused with the stuff by its own total dryness.

It does?

It does, but we can only do it once or it to be so.

Oh, I didn’t know that.

Of course not, that’s why you are you and I am I.

Is that why you get Monday to Saturday and I only get Sunday?

It is.

Ah. But today’s Monday!

Yes, it is, go thee hence!

No comments: