Wednesday 6 May 2015

Saddling a Jelly Fish.

another one chalked up
This one’s a bit morbid isn’t it?

Depends how you look at it.

What are my options? It’s staring me in my face, I’m locked eyes with it.

Funny you should say that because yesterday I met a flat track roller derby practitioner who said they had locked eyes with a jellyfish.

I’m not sure you can do that. Not while you’re roller derby-ing anyway.

Funny, they said that too.

What else did they say?

Well, it wasn’t the same person but the same yesterday someone said the word morbid too.

This is getting spooky.

Which is the name of my cat. (editorial note t)

And irrelevant right now, don’t YOU think it’s morbid?

Well, like I said, it depends how you look at it – it could be a nice link between ‘ends’ and the last ‘cart before the horse’, as predicted, (editorial note t) or it could be a nice forward link to the next time we put that proverbial cart where it doesn’t belong.

Is there going to be a next time?

One can never say never for certain.

You just did.

And, brushing off that comment like and unwanted fly, I would have to add that morbid is defined, somewhere, as – “characterized by an abnormal and unhealthy interest in disturbing and unpleasant subjects, especially death and disease. » and these « ends » are not on the whole disturbing and unpleasant but quite joyus.

Fair dinkum.

So… what should one say when one finally puts the horse beack before the cart.

That’s saddled then ?

No comments: