Friday 3 April 2015

Talking microwaves.

three gaps to mind

You’ve got an aunt in England haven’t you?

I do indeed.

An ancient, death-defying aunt who likes Bruce Springsteen, I believe. (editorial note t)

Ok, I’m not sure if she likes Bruce but she knows who he is.

Would you be planning to see her on this ‘what-if-i-went-to-England-for-a-long-weekend’ trip.

Certainly.

How would you get there?

I’d borrow a car.

Didn’t someone once say ‘vever lend your car to someone you’ve given birth to’?

I think they actually said ‘never’ but in either case it does not apply  this time.

So, off you would go.

Heading south, stop for breakfast in a greasy spoon, order the full works.

Feel sick again?

Yep.

How was your Aunt?

Happy to see us, even though she’s blind and can’t.

Us?

I took my daughter.

Three generations under the same roof. What happened?

My aunt demonstrated her talking microwave oven and my daughter filmed it on her phone.


Cute.

No comments: