Saturday 4 April 2015

The Pillows of The Moulin Rouge.

no cushion, no entry?


So….. time for The Pillow Theatre I believe. (editorial note x)

No trip would be complete without it.

Where is it?

Just off Brick Lane, which in itself is off Whitechapel High Street.

You’re pushing it mate, aren’t we still in Eastbourne?

We have a car.

Where will you park?

Brick Lane, outside one of the Curry Houses.

Smell that – it’s goooooood.

No time, we are just in time, come on.

Did we get flashed back there by a speed camera?

I hope not, but the light went bright all of a sudden. Let’s worry later.

What are we going to see?

Moulin Rouge.

On beanbags?

Yes – The Pillow Cinema has bean bags, we have to bring the pillows.

Do you have one?

One, I’m going to use my bag as the other.

Is this a ‘real’ cinema?

It’s an old Tube station.

Sorry?

I said it’s an old Tube station.

I can’t hear what your saying ……. wait for this train to go past…… yes?

It’s an old Tube station.

Cosy though.

That’s what it says at the door.


2 comments:

London Joe said...

Pillow Cinema. I imagine getting there in the dark, sitting slowly and whispering: "Look out pi-llow"
Nico now lives in London again after his prolonged dalliance with Brighton (snoot). He will dig this place

popps said...

This week, as an exception, they are doing Hut-Tub cinema!