Saturday 3 December 2011

A Christmas advent (3)



Oh come on, not so bad eh – the Bitsnbobs Christmas 2011 advent Calendar musical thingy? (explained here)

Chuck Berry AND Gayla Peevey already and we’re only on the third day!

I know, I know, you don’t feel very Christmassy, it’s still miles away etc – but you know what?

It’s All about expectation.

Everything comes to those who wait.

But…

But?

Yeah, already the critics are in ....... “I much preferred it to Chuck Berry”!!!

Which, i think you will agree, puts a lot of pressure on selection number three.

After all we want to do things better and better here on Bitsnbobs – the blog with BnB – but can we really expect to continually build to a crescendo over 31 days?

Unlikely.

So I have sat here all morning with the scribbled-on-the-back-of-an-envelope list - which still has a few gaps and one song that features three times – jiggling, juggling, repositioning trying to find a number 3 that will keep everyone on board the project.

I choose this – partly because of the raw energy, but mainly because if you don’t like Bruce you must be mad.

AND, and this is a big AND , he has just announced his intention to tour in 2012 and he’s in Barcelona on the Thursday of a holiday weekend, in the Olympic Stadium, and although it wasn’t on my Christmas List linked yesterday, going to see him and his band in concert has been on that to-do list for a long time.

In his introduction he admits – ok this is a little early – it is Day 3? – but I decided it’s time to buy myself my first Christmas Present.

Because if I don’t buy tickets today, it’ll be sold out for sure.

Now, who can lend me some cash?

No comments: