Monday 13 September 2010

Corrigendum (if i'm wrong).


Do you remember when, sometimes, you bought a book, opened it and there was a little slip of paper in it with the word ERRATUM embossed in gold?

Or was it black?

Both my memory and services rendered are not what they used to be.

I find it difficult to believe that the art of publishing has evolved such that mistakes are no longer made and that the erratum has become dispensable. I find it easier to cynically believe that it is just another case of people not caring about the service they offer.

Like London Transport with it’s red busses.

But that’s another gripe.

For some time now I have been meaning to update this blog with important errati(?) errata(?) but had, until now, been waiting to be able to report on the chocolate cake in Gerona at the same time.

But time is pressing; the readers are demanding to know so here is an interim erratum to satisfy the clamouring hordes.

Both of you.

YES - THE TOOTHBRUSH HOLDER HAS BEEN SENT!

Other important updates include.

1. This blog failed with its pre- football world cup prediction. Sorry. I am humbled.

2. The rose massacred by my sister-in-law is looking very well, full of new growth and blessed with three about-to-open-end-of-summer buds. I apologize.

3. The Gerona chocolate cake remains waiting. I drool.

No comments: