Monday 8 March 2010

Diminutive Night Stallions



It’s midnight three – hang on, I need a pee.

Midnight six (I washed my hands).

It must be about 3 on Sunday afternoon in Hollywood so I think I’ve beaten them.

Here comes the Red Carpet!! (photo Ben Walters)



Here’s the frock.


And now, after a lot of fanfare, hoo- haa, a bit of whittling early on and all your fantastic work (reading, writing, thinking, choosing, ruminating – in some cases)…here are….

The results of THIS YEARS PEARLS (the Bitsnbobs Oscars) 2010.

The Humphrey Bogart Lifetime Achievement Pearl goes to…
1. Advent Calendar Day 9.

The Black Pearl for - Feline Appreciation goes to…
2. Born Free.

And Spooky picks up his first Pearl of the night, and starts to strut along the Red Carpet.

A Very Embryonic Pearl for – The Posting that Could Inspire an Ad on a Double Decker Bus goes to……
2. At the Bus Stop.

I’m not sure how I feel about this - that’s my photo on the back of the bus, what are you saying? That I look like the back of a bus?

The Cats Agree Pearl for– Best Pun, goes to…..
2. 2. The ninth comment in Total.

Deservedly so, far better than anything I came up with all year. Hats off to Vicki.

The Pearl for Most Original Use of a Vegtable, goes to…. Oh my god, the academy is split!!
1. Twist and Shout.
2. Respounchous.

Spooky is heart broken, failing to pick up a second Pearl after his (albeit no-opposition) success in feline- appreciation. He is claiming fraud, demanding a recount. It is true that there seems to be some irregularity – there were two more completed voting slips in Part One compared with Part Two, but the judges have thrown his protests out!

Here he is being comforted by the public (photo minnie)



The Einstein Pearl for – Inspiration in the scientific Field, goes to ……
1. Brrrrr.

The “I wouldn’t be seen dead wearing that” Pearl for – New fashion accessory, goes to
1. A Letter From San Francisco A.

Despite protests from one voter that there was NOTHING to wear.

The “Please don’t Let Kindle Win” Pearl for – the Post that Might Inspire a Novel, goes to………
1. Lists.

Judging by the comments left I am not alone in collecting this sort of stuff. I’d better get down to writing that novel now I guess.

The “Please Let it Be Soft” Pearl for – Conceiving Inspiration (pregnancy), goes to…..
1. Crazy Love.

See video above.

The Vicki Visionary Pearl for – Inspiring a New Outlook on Life, goes to……
3. 3. Neil Gaiman Reading Instructions.

Talent will always tell but you have to admit that 999.
call was pretty amazing. Has me in tears every time.

The Neil la Bute Pearl for – Best Original Blog Post Title, goes to……

Oh no, the academy is split again… diminutive night stallions anyone?

The Déjà vu Pearl – for the invocation of Powerful memories, goes to……
1.The Breach of Berlin’s Wall.

Even in it’s absence.

The Hopelessly Sentimental pearl goes to…..
1. About 89.

She conceived the whole thing.

And finally, The Sheesh, Who Programmed that Machine Pearl – for all other random things goes to….
1. Brmmmm.

The local mechanic doesn’t deserve it, he gets grumpier by the day, but the academy has spoken.

Well, well, well – not a note of unanimity all night though Lists and the Back of a Bus almost were.

Right, hopefully I’m off to sleep again.

Snow is forecast.

Good Morning.

P.S. please god don’t let Avatar win.

8 comments:

Vicki Hollett said...

Applause!

Acceptance speech please....

PS. And yes, that 999 call was heart wrenching.

popps said...

Vicki - i think YOU have to make the acceptance speech as YOU are the now (hopefully) proud owner of a Bitsnbobs pearl.
Congratulations!

Janet Bianchini said...

Congratulations Vicki on your "BitsnBobs Pearl Award"! Speech! Speech!

Well done, Chris, for creating such an entertaining alternative "Oscars". Picture of Spooky with his one "Pearl" imminent?

Vicki Hollett said...

Ha! Thank you Janet!

I'd like to say thank you Chris for organizing these awards and to everyone who voted and say how thrilled I am. I'd also like to ask what people think of the fish in the tank to the left.

popps said...

Ms Hollett was wearing an exciting creation from the house of Longman and looked serenely confident accepting her award just then.
I'm sure we will be seeing much more of her in the future.

popps said...

Ah yes, what about the fish?
Is it a cheap widgit gimmick?
Or is it relaxing?
A welcome addition?
An annoying add on?

Vicki Hollett said...

Oh defintely not an annoying add on. I am glad to see they all seem to still be alive today as I fear I overfed them the other day.

popps said...

There seems to be no end to their appetite - now, go to bed! It's the middle of the night in Philly!!