Saturday 8 January 2022

A Load of Old Hogmanay.





Drrrrrrrring.

Drrrrrrrinnnnnnng

Driiiiii….


Aye?


Bob!


Aye.


It’s me!


Who?


No, me!


You!


NO!!! ME!!!!!!


Can we start again?


Ok.


Drrrrrrrring


Go away!


Happy New year Bob!


I don’t believe in it, it’s a load of Hogmanay, I mean Hogwash.


Have you EVER washed a hog?


Never, have you?


I’ve been muzzled by one.


Luck man, what can aye do for you, I mean I – aye’ve only just a woken.


I need to speak to Ms Penny.


Ha! Chance would be a fine thing laddie.


Laddie? Me? It’s my birthday soon you know.


What would you like as a present?


Right now I’d like to speak to Ms Penny.


Fat chance, she’s of a-tunnelling.


Tunnelling? Do we need more tunnelling?


Aye, that we do, the caravan is full. There’s nay room to swing a box.


DON’T SWING THEM! Sorry, some of them are breakable.


How can an archive be breakable?


Memories.


Ah.  Yes, there’s that, fragile memories……I don’t really swing them; it was a metaphor.


A way of speech?


Aye.


Can you get a message to her?


I could send the cat.


Do that, tell her I’m looking for Horace.


Horace? I’ve not heard his name in a long time.


Ten years I think.


Then it’s time.


Nine thirty.


What?


The time.


Go away.


Bye Bye Bob.


And a bye bye from Bob bobbing back to you.


Click............

 

 

 

 

 




No comments: