Wednesday 2 September 2020

A Rabbit and a cabbage.

Here/August 2020

 Ddddrrrrrring, ddddrrrrrinnnng, drrri…..

Hi Bob.


Wow- how did you know it was me?


The Scottish accent?


I hadn’t said anything!


The phone Bob, you’re the only one who has this number.


The BitsnBobs number?


Exactly, so you have to be Bitsnbob’s Bob.


I am!


What are you doing?


I’m in the bath.


Bobbing?


Exactly!


Then you must be Bobbing Bitsnbob’s Bob.


I am!


Why are you in the bath?


I was out last night at a party.


Bopping?


Yep.


Then….


I’m The Bobbing bopping Botsnbob’s Bob!


What’s that you’re holding?


A bobbin.


The Bopping Bobbing Bitsnbob’s Bob with a bobbin!


I’m drinking too.


Bobbins Ale?


The local brew.


Bopping and bobbing Bitsnbob’s Bob with a bobbin and a Bobbings!


Exactly.


That’s probably as far as we can go with this.


Probably, oh, wait…. Hang on. 


What are you doing?


Looking in my pocket… yes!


What is it?


A pre-decimal shilling.


A bob?


Yes!


A Bopping and a-bobbing Bitsnbob’s Bob with a bobbin and a Bobbins and a bob !


The only one!


So, what’s up a-bopping and a-bobbing Bitsnbob’s bob with a bobbing and a Bobbins and a bob?


Bob, just call me Bob.


Ok, what’s up Bob, just call me bob.


No, Bob, don’t say the just call me bob bit.


Ok… what’s up Bob -don’t-say –the-just-call-me-bob-bit with a Bobbins, a bobbin and bit of a bob in his pocket.


What’s got into you?


What’s got into me? You’re the one that called.


Yeah, anyway – it’s these boxes.


Yep.


I’m surrounded by them.


An archivist should be.


I know, but i woke up this morning and my head was full of words – do you think they could be seeping out of the boxes into my dreams.


Mmm, it could be… What were the words about?


A Rabbit.


A Rabbit?


A rabbit. And a cabbage.


Did you write them down?


Of course.


Let me hear them.


A defining habit of the rabbit

Is its overconsumption of cabbage.

If they need to travel

They are certain to carry   

A lot of green things in their baggage.


I don’t think they are from the boxes. Can we publish it?


Sure, just give me a credit – the name’s Bob.


Sure thanks for ringing – stay clear.


You too.


Bye.


Click.

No comments: