Saturday 21 November 2015

The Absent presence of Stuff.

the window to somewhere else

In the beginning was the soup; and the soup was good.

I was going to ask.

Really? About the starter?

Not just that.

Then Fish cake and the Fish Cake was good too.

You’re going to tell me the whole meal?

I thought you were asking.

I hadn’t said anything  - I was still sitting here still floating in my dream when you interrupted my swim by saying ‘in the beginning was the soup and the soup was good’ – in an overtly biblical, and somewhat annoying, way I might add.

You said you were going to ask.

No, I said ‘I was going to ask’ - but you can use reported speech if you want.

Now whose turn is it to be overtly annoying?

Did you have cheese?

Of course we had cheese! What WERE you going to ask?

Whether you spoke about dark matter.

We didn’t need to.

Didn’t need to?

It was everywhere.

How?

The three bears.

Porridge?

No – oranges marinated in their own peel, I was stuffed. I think I might still be, I need to go for a run.

When you say three bears……?

Absence makes the heart go fonder.

That could explain the dream.

More dark matter.

This needs an editorial note F. (editorial note t)


No comments: