Sunday 4 October 2015

The train stops.

in haste

You know all this ‘to be continued’/’continuing’ stuff that was going on here of recent?


It seemed to sort of fizzle out - if you don’t mind me saying so.

Everyone’s a critic.

But it did. After days and days and days… it stopped; without fanfare or festival.

I was on a train.

So?

The train arrived, I put my pen away.

Where were you?

On the train.

I know, I know – what I meant was where did you arrive?

Hastings.

Seaside town. Did you swim?

The next morning; the afternoon too.

In between?

Tea and cake.

Did you climb the East Hill?

Of course.

Pick up a pebble?

On the hill no; at the foot of the hill yes.

Cinema?

Departures. (editorial note x)

Old friends?

Reunion.

Had she changed?

Her hair is no longer blonde.

Did she say anything?


That mine is.

No comments: