Wednesday 25 September 2013

September's Siftings - Suzanne.




There’s this guy – Kittrick - except it turns out that his name is Ron.

He lives not far from here, but sometimes he’s in San Francisco.

He’s Irish.

He lives with a woman – Laura – she is/was/could be a dancer.

I have only met them together, except once when I was on the same plane as Laura.

That time she was with a girlfriend.

Who I don’t think is a dancer.

But then again  - doesn’t every one dance?

Kittrick is alone, he’s here and Laura is in San Francisco.

I’m alone too so I sent him an email, though I didn’t know he was alone until he replied.

I stumbled upon his business card, he’s an architect, and I wanted to ask if he wanted his book back.
Neil Gaiman’s ‘American Gods’.

That I had borrowed two years ago.

He did.

It’s in England somewhere with my wife.

She’s a dancer.

He invited me to dinner.

I suggested the restaurant on Sunday.


He said,  “great”.

I have a social engagement!

I just woke up.

It’s misty.

September thinking it’s October.

I checked my email.

Kittrick had written – “I met my friend Helmuth in Toulouse, and I’m picking up Suzanne and Graham so there will be five of us.”

He has friends.

I can’t go.

I’m good one-to-one.

That’s all.

Suzanne takes you down to her place near the river, you can hear the boats go by, you can spend the night beside her and you know that she’s half crazy, but that’s why you want to be there, and she feeds you tea and oranges that come all the way from China and just when you mean to tell her that you have no love to give her n she gets you on her wave length, and she lets the river answer that you’ve always been her lover, and you want to travel with her and you want to travel blind and you know that she will trust you for you’ve touched her perfect body with your mind.

No comments: