Saturday 11 August 2012

A List - of things i saw today, the other day - In order.

The Good Ship Bitsnbobs (this blog) has been listing dangerously to starboard recently. So, in the spirit of “if you can’t beat them join them up into a list," this month – August - i am listing. This is, sort of, explained here.



1. A hot air balloon rising over the sunrise and the early morning valley mist.

2. Yesterday’s puddles.

3. A motorway.

4. Yesterday’s coffee.

5. Paper. (lots)

6. Early evening rainbows - with every breath as I swam.

7. The blue and orange flash of a kingfisher returning home.

8. The sun reflecting from the side of a distant tenor sax.

8. The sunset through barbequed sausage smoke, not mine (smoke or sausage).

9. Firelight (mine).

10. A no-longer full rising moon through the trees as I half slept.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I was going to mention that I saw a double rainbow -- perfect semi-circles though the shadow rainbow was about half as intense in colour. Then I looked up the definition of a 'double rainbow' which I thought would have some sweet Irish legend to it only to find out someone had co-opted the expression to have an entirely different connotation so I decided not to mention it. Will send along a photo if I can manage to get it from my camera to the computer and then as an attachment to an email.

I'm hopeless.

Mx

popps said...

Just send the camera, Mary.