Monday 13 February 2012

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.


Look, I don’t want to go on about it, BUT… I’m 57! and my son 21 (only yesterday) and we don’t live in Siberia!!

There ought to be a law against it!

I got into the car at six o’clock U.K. time – this body is from the U.K. so these things are important – and the in car thermometer thingy told me that the temperature somewhere nearby was minus 13.

Again!!!

Somewhere nearby turned out to be the steering wheel; it was like grasping two chunks of glacier and being forced to hold them even though you were naked.

The track from my house is two kilometres long and it took that distance for the heater to do anything except add icicles to my already purple and icicled nose.

And rumour has it that it will snow tonight.

It is enough to drive you to drink, which I did last night in celebration of someone’s 21 years of misspent youth.

We drank absinthe.

It has been a long time since I did that – 57 years in fact, 21 for Loui.

We burnt sugar cubes, set light to the table – did everything right.

Then I felt weird!

Then I drank another glass!

Then I grabbed some paper and started sketching!!

No comments: