Saturday 29 January 2011

Get My Party On!!



So when does a birthday start? How long can you stretch the feeling, if accorded, that it's YOUR day?

I tried to start mine Thursday evening, inviting nearest and dearest to drop everything and go to the cinema.

The film being screened was Nowhere Boy – John Lennon’s life re-enacted. I thought it was appropriate considering the efforts Mary had gone to buy me his autograph at auction. (see stuff hereeditor)

Nearest and dearest declined – too busy.

So – when you wake up at 8.30, the day itself (Friday); ready to get up?

Nearest and dearest fast asleep?

Can you celebrate alone?

You bet

Made a pot of green tea, fed the cats – hang on this is like any other day!

Mobile phone chirps – incoming message! That’s better – we’re off!

Drank tea.

Went outside – the ice is slowly melting, there’s a fresh kick in the air; Spring was onlyburied by last week’s frost.

Time to see what this officially old body can do.

Stretch – tick.
Press-ups- tick.
Pull-ups – tick.
Stomach thingies – tick.

Head to floor from the lotus position – YES!!!! First time this year, I’ve been working on it and that alone means I’m ok.

Nearer to the grave than the font - but ok!

What’s this? Fresh mango for breakfast!!!!

Tropical!

And a birthday cake!!

Yum.
Weird tum.
Time for a run.
Through the forest, in the sun.
Pulled a muscle, now I’m done.

Hobble off to the city, get a new ………!!!

Amend Christmas Wish List!

Time out – buy a few gifts for others; surprise for tonight, present for next December and a film for next weekend.

Back to me!

Reunite.!


Restaurant.

Hot food!! – the simple things are best.

Home to bed.

Hang on; it’s not yet 11pm!

I was born at 11.10.

It’s not my birthday yet!!

I’m still young!– with the time difference between here and London - I’ve still got two hours of youth.

Let’s get this party started!!!!

repeat again next year.

4 comments:

Anne said...

Happy birthday tomorrow, dear Chris! It is tomorrow, then?

Mary said...

Chris!

Shaggy?!!?

You are much cooler than I am. I'm so UN-cool, to me WINGS borders on heavy metal!:-)

Mx

PS Did you see Nowhere Boy after all? I liked it.

popps said...

Anne, i'm not sure, i think it was yesterday!

Mary,i didn't, but will see it on Monday eve.

ps you are cool.

pps both of you!

vicki said...

Just hope it was a great one and wishing you many many more.