Wednesday 10 November 2010

Them French!


Sooner or later the French will tell you that they invented EVERYTHING!

Tell them what your favourite film is and you will learn that it was originally made in France by some obscure monochrome dwarf.

Sing them your favourite song and they will break into the French original which is also more complete and more beautiful.

And intellectual.

Revolutions?

The French did them first.

Internet?

Minitel!

Take the Autumn Leaves as a case in point.

Yes! Let’s take them – did you go outside this autumn and suck in the colours?

Was it me, or did something special happen this year?

Am I just older and taking more pleasure in something so taken-for-granted when I was younger – sorry man, I ain’t got time to look at the leaves?

Am I asking too many questions?

No comments: