Wednesday 29 September 2010

Who Is Uncle Spice?

Yesterday the blog opened up, unexpectedly, to Bob who from now on will be known as Uncle Spice.

I am hoping he will become a regular contributor, so I set out to find out more about him.

He sent me his picture.


Now, I think you will agree that this blog is greatly enhanced by his presence and even though we may at times question his sanity I think we have to appreciate his audacity in trying to ride a moped in shoes like that.

The Solex, as it is that on which he sits, is of course a French product -albeit defunct but rebranded; but the police around here would take one look at those slippers and send him to the frontier for instant deportation.

Uncle Spice sent me an email with the photo, a lengthy email, a very lengthy email – almost as long as the toes of his slippers in fact.

In it he corrected me about the spelling of some of his names and I have amended yesterday’s post to accommodate them. He also confessed to using sauerkraut in curry, expressed a regret for German reunification and gave me some very strange advice about massaging your partner with chillies.

Something else the police might be interested in.

So you can see that if we can keep him interested he will be a major benefit to all things Bitsnbobs.

Oh, he also pointed out that the German word Betreff – that I mistakenly thought might be yet another of his pseudonyms – does in fact mean subject (or concerning).

Anyway I have asked him to add me to his Cooking Fan List so I’ll let you know what develops.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Chris

Don't know what to make of Bob Montague/Panjabi Bill/Uncle Spice though must say that the Samoosas look delish. Love recipes that include "so don't be scared".

Great photo! Gotta get a pair of those shoes. Can't help but wonder who is under that moustache though. VERY BORAT.

Could it be someone we know? Probably not but I've learned to approach BnB's with a healthy bit of skepticism, or more precisely, wonder.

Mx

popps said...

Skepticism?!!
No Mary, everything you read here is as is.
The two days of Uncle Spice have unfolded as written, in the inbox of my email.
I have only spared you the rhyming verse version of his mashed ptoato.

Mary said...

Rhyming mashed potato recipes? Excellent ...

Between Norman and Uncle Spice -- your life is getting more interesting all the time!

M:-)

popps said...

Never a dull moment!
I wonder what tomorrow will bring?