Monday 26 October 2009

Mushy Sentiment


Ah, hmm, what a superb day!

Autumn in an extravagant mood!

So, I got up, blue skies and early sunshine, everyone else (6 teenage testosterones) fast asleep.

Probably something to do with all those fit young bodies slouching around but I decide to do stretches, stomach curls and go for a run.

Then, a stroll through the heavy dew, sparkling in the neighbouring meadow.

Now, John, a professional comedian and therefore someone whose funny lines we shouldn’t steal, said that he would never eat anything that might grow between someone’s toes.

But I just couldn’t resist the bounty on offer.

I agree, it would be ironic if after such a healthy start to the day I succumbed to toxic fungi demise but I’m pretty sure about this species.

I didn’t pick any from the Fairy Ring, only those that had been left outside – you don’t want to mess with the Fairies.

That’s why my car isn’t green.

No comments: