Saturday 6 March 2010

Those were the days!


I’ve just been tinkering with my blog – I started with the profile, I thought it was time to refresh it, and then I moved on to the “Did I miss anything?” section.

That’s when I got distracted.

And started thinking about Krissie.

I found myself reading a post from last September and I realised that this September makes 25. I think that might be significant.

Many years ago I went to Hong Kong for a short visit; I was performing at an arts festival – with my then partner Alex (who gets too little mention in this blog) – eating a lot of Tofu and sleeping in a room inhabited by a strangely mute, but vicious, Mosquito.

I was also trying to learn to bounce seven balls (and control them) whilst listening to Tom Waits on a Walkman, but that’s another story.

Ah, those were the days, pre-I/Pod.

Krissie was in London and I phoned her each night using the arts centre phone. It was in reception so … less than intimate.

Ah, those were the days, pre-mobile, pre-sms.

I was there about a month and I had time to explore, so I did – and I tried to keep a journal.

Or write a novel.

I can’t remember which it was.

Ah, those were the days, pre-blog.

I discovered, that whatever I tried to write, whomever I tried to write to, I always got distracted and it ended up addressed, and sent to you.

Most of the opus from that period lies in a big envelope in the heart of our wardrobe.

Anyway, where was i?

Ah yes, reorganising the blog interface.

I updated the section that said, “here comes the Oscars” and it now reads ‘VOTE in the Oscars”.

Because it’s time to VOTE.

Eh?

In the Oscars!

But they don’t let you.

No, not them – The Bitsnbobs Oscars, also known as THE Pearls.

How do I do it?

You read the nominations – listed here (click) – which you should have read a month ago.

Then you do your FIRST bit of voting by clicking on this voting part one here


And a SECOND bit of voting by clicking on this voting part two here


(Anne if you want to vote using the correct form you can – just tell me so I don’t count your vote twice).

Spooky – a nominee – has just crept alongside trying to influence the vote (see above) but I won’t be distracted.

Maybe he’s hungry?

Mike has written and asked if there will be red carpets and frocks.

Krissie has a red frock, but it’s not my favourite.

It’s the one with the sunflowers on…….

2 comments:

Carol Laidler said...

Done it!!!! Yea!
Is it meant to be anonymous?

popps said...

not really, do you want to be?
i left a place to put your name if you wanted to.