Thursday 8 September 2022

September 8 1985





He said; who’s singing?


She said, It’s Van Morrison


He said; It’s nice.


She laughed.


He said, how do you like your eggs?


She said; I don’t like eggs.


He said; oh, I didn’t know that.


She said, there are a lot of things you don’t know.


He laughed.


She said: it’s important the first thing you put into your mouth each day.


He said; what was it yesterday?


She said; a peach.


He said; shall we go out and find some peaches?


She said; what have you got there?


He said; eggs, bread, coffee, orange juice.


She said; is the orange juice fresh?


He said; it’s fresh from this carton.


She said; then it’s not fresh is it?


He said; I’m learning.


She said; I think you have a lot to learn.


He said; who’s that singing now?


She laughed; it’s Van Morrison.


He laughed.


She said; what would you like t do now?


He didn’t answer.


She said; give me your hand.


He said; which one?


She laughed.


He said, that tickles.


She said; have I told you about the time we were all tickled?


He said; there’s a lot to tell.


She said; we have time.


He said; Time is The Simplest Thing.


She said; why the capitals?


He said it’s the title of a book I read once.


She said; would you read it to me?


He said, he would.


He did.


She said; thank you.


He said; are you stil hungry?


She said; haven’t we eaten?


He said; I don’t remember.


She said, what time is it?


He said; the sun is on the London Plane tree across the square.


She said, it’s not a London Plane tree, we have those in Spain too.


He said; my mother told me they were called London Plane trees.


She said; what was your mother like?


He said, she could run fast, as fast as me , I was surprised.


She said; surprise is good, it means you are ready.


He said; ready for what?


She said; you have a lot of questions.


He said; I want to know everything, I want to sit here and say all the things that we don’t usually dare to say.


She said: that’s not a good idea.


He said; so there are no surprises.


She said; surprises are good.


He said; and who’s singing now?


She said; guess.


He said; do you have a sister?


She said; no .


He said ; a brother?


She said; no.


He said; oh.


She said; can you hear the ocean? Close your eyes and listen.


He said; turn of the radio.


She said ok.


He said; I can hear the cars.


She said; listen beyond the cars.


He said ; I can’t.


She said: try.


He said: do you think you can do anything you want?


She said; yes. Listen.


He said; I hear something.


She said let’s go and swim.


He said; I have no swimming costume.


She said; we don’t need one.


He said where are the keys?


She said; in the oven.


He said why in the oven?


She said, it’s a good place to keep the keys, you will never forget.


He said; are you forgetful?


She said; what?

And laughed.


He said; I like the sound of your laughter.


She laughed. Let’s go, before the sun sets.


He said; we have all day.


She said; we only have this moment.



No comments: