Tuesday 8 June 2021

Tattoos in The ReferenceLibrary.





Lydia oh Lydia

Have you met Lydia?

Lydia, the tattooed Lady?

She has eyes that men adore so, and a torso even more so…


Groucho Marx sang that in the film At the Circus and later in his live appearances.


But I don’t know who wrote it.


I should.


Hang on.


Wikipedia, Wikipedia, Wikipedia…


Do you remember having to go to the reference library?


The last time I went it was to learn about bread rationing…


Wikipedia, Wikipedia…


Yip Harburg and Harold Arlen.


I’m not sure I’m gonna remember that…..


Yip and Harold? Harburg and Arlen?


I’ll try.


Anyhow…


I live in the same house as Lydia, she just walked past. She has no perfume, but her tattoos precede her.


I try not to think about this as I want to become a great writer, and pictures are a distraction.


Enough said.


That’ll do.




No comments: