Friday 8 May 2020

Confined 13.

sketchbook/april 2020


M.

Magnum Opus.

That just popped into my mind.

Me. 
My .
Mind.

Is Magnus Opus what I think it is?

Treisième lettre de l’alphabet.

Big book?

Sort of.

Because…..

Dixième des consonnes.

This is the biggest book i’ve ever read –i’m on page 123 and it runs to over a thousand;1236! 

It’s a brick, it’s a lump it’s a colossus of words.

I’m on page 179.

And i love it.

I’ve read about Kentucky Derby Day, Freak Power in Aspen Colorado and Lionel Olay.

So far…

This is the longest time i’ve had to stay at home and do nothing else than read ; except do the gardening, go for a walk, write my memoires and wait ; it could be the end of my life, it could be the end of time.

No one really knows.

And i don’t care ! 

Chiffre Romain vaut mille.

A picture is worth a thousand words ?

I’m sketching as well as reading, writing, walking and weeding.

I should save that for W.

Symbole de préfixe mega….

This book is mega.

Symbole de maxwelle.

?

Unité C.G.S. de flux magnitude.

EVERYTHING is in flux.

confined 12

5 comments:

Mary said...

Hellooooo out there!

I've had a Beatles song going through my head ever since the pandemic forced us in to self-isolate. Remember Eleanor Rigby?

"All the lonely people
Where do they all come from?
All the lonely people
Where do they all belong?

Picks up the rice in the church where a wedding has been
Lives in a dream
Waits at the window
Wearing the face that she keeps in a jar by the door
Who is it for?"

All the churches are empty now:

"Father McKenzie
Writing the words of a sermon that no one will hear
No one comes near
Look at him working
Darning his socks in the night when there's nobody there
What does he care?

Ah, look at all the lonely people.

Eleanor Rigby
Died in the church and was buried along with her name
Nobody came
Father McKenzie
Wiping the dirt from his hands as he walks from the grave
No one was saved.

All the lonely people (ah, look at all the lonely people)
Where do they all come from?
All the lonely people (ah, look at all the lonely people)
Where do they all belong?"

Indeed, where do they all belong? We're all Eleanor Rigby now.

On a lighter note, have been enjoying the sketches. J's comfy chair was just lovely.

Take care,
Mx

popps said...

Do i remember Elanor Rigby!!!?
Do i?
MARY !

I was born in England, grew up in the sixties!!
I was a member of the Fan Club!!
I've been to Hamburg and visited the barber's where they had their hair cut!!

Mary said...

I guess what you are saying is that you do recall Eleanor Rigby. And The Beatles, as well. Very good.

I used to listen to one of The Beatles' albums every day. Must get back to that most enjoyable habit. Especially now that the days are so long. Seem to accomplish less and less every week.

Keep well and safe. We need to find our way to the other side of this.

Mx

popps said...

Break on through to the other side.... except that wasn't the Beatles

what i am saying Mary is that i'm OLD !!!!

A few months back - in the olden days when you could go to other countries - i was invited to take some old stuff out of a house that was being emptied so i said ok i'll take the record player - i have a home for that.

When i got there they said - oh, there's three box of records that you have to take with it.

So i did.

The other day i went through them .... Bach's whatsis concerto - probably very good, but.... Johnny Halliday; hmm, hang on, what's this?

Beatles Double White Album (with photos) i
Two copies of Revolver !
etc etc

You keep safe too
x

Mary said...

Only as old as you feel? Or perhaps, aged like a good wine or bottle of EXO scotch?

I like to think of it like this ...

If I were younger -- let's say, born in the 80's -- I [and you] would not remember the first time we heard a Beatles' record on the radio or in the schoolyard. Those memories are too precious to me. They are part of me. So, if that means that I, too, have to be OLD, then so be it. It's the price we've had to pay for being one of the fortunate ones to have been there -- when it was all happening!

Love to everyone,
Mx

PS - nice score on the Beatles' albums. I have the entire CD box set but nothing can beat the original albums on a record player. ;-)