Tuesday 8 October 2019

One morning in the city.

Now is the time to ........

I don’t know him very well, but he is now standing in the toilet with me whilst i sit.

He’s looking for his washbag , i’m not – my needs are more basic.

I always sit when i pee.

He doesn’t seem bothered, nor do i.

I guess its age ; we share a few laps around the block.

Apart from this i don’t really understand him.

His past is a complex jumble that at times puts him on the west coast of Canada, in a Roman cellar with nuns, at the U.N. sometimes, taking photographs in Russia for environmental agencies unnamed and in rehab somewhere in South Africa.

Right now he’s in the toilet with me, and i with him.

He’s my new friend.

But like i said – i don’t know him very well.

Until now.

formerly published in The Archives.

No comments: