Saturday 3 June 2017

A Candescent Victory.

season's end/2017


What’s this?

My team, on the final day of the season.

Do we HAVE to do this? And can i see the bench?

I’m afraid we do, and yes you can; it means nothing, it means everything.





Life is like that?

Utterly meaningless, yet everything we do has to be done as if our lives depend on it.


I’m paraphrasing.

I didn’t know that you could, what did  Mr Bill say in his own words?

Some fools think that football is a matter of life and death. I can assure you it’s much, much more important than that.

You’re paraphrasing again! He didn’t say ‘fools’. Talking of fools, do you remember that guy in America?

Trump?

No; the other one.

He was drunk.k

What did he say again?

Oooh, can I remember? It’s here somewhere.. Something about goalkeepers.

That was it! No goalkeepers.

Americans would like football if there was no offside rule and no goalkeepers.

Idiot! Who was your goalkeeper, Heaton?

I don’t know a lot about him, flies I think.

Final standings?

Ah, finally, I’m glad you mentioned it. I feel like a gloat.

Tough season?

Spectacular battle, that lad Joe through all he had at it in the last three months.

A right royal battle?

Candescent victory; can’t wait for August! 




No comments: