Sunday 15 June 2014

Bob's Boxes 15- a special feature of the year

shrigley


June.

A month for Bob and his boxes.

Left over photos; scraps of paper, 'scribblings', bits and bobs.


There’s a guy, lives in the village, I’ve never spoken to him but I’ve waved and nodded and he returns the gesture regularly.
He looks Asian, or at least there is a suggestion in his face that his family origins reach back there and he moves with a Confucian grace, though I may be imagining that.
He is slim, dresses casually, wears his hair long and I always see him alone; if he is married his wife is not here any more. But he doesn’t seem sad. He doesn’t seem happy either. He is neutral.
Last week I came home from a day in the city, it was late and the summer sun was just setting; the village was empty except for him.
He was standing on the pavement staring upwards into a distant blue sky of midsummer’s eve.
He was watching the swallows.

No comments: