Sunday 16 March 2014

Yet another archival element of the year.

running deep


Archival remnant no 15. catalogue no MX751

“Do you think they are tasty?” It’s my wife.
It’s 4.45 am, I’m half asleep.
“I don’t want to think about it.”
The cat has just come in, it has a mouse, it’s proud and now it’s chomping somewhere too close to where I am trying to go back to sleep.
“The fur must be annoying”.
It’s true, I don’t eat anything that still has fur on it and not much - if anything - that had had before it reached my plate.
With the exception of Kiwis perhaps, they are a bit furry.
I have tried eating them with the skin-fur, just to save time, but it was a little disappointing.
Now that I think about it I haven’t eaten a kiwi for a long time, perhaps it’s not the season.
I really don’t want my brain to be doing this, I really want to go back to that dream that one noisy cat has vanished.
“Do you think the tail gets stuck?”
“Grunt”
“Or do you think it’s the ears that are the worst?”
It’s 4.45 am.

No comments: