Friday 1 October 2010

Octopportunity


Of all the people who will offer you advice there are very few who will be brutally honest in their criticism.

If you are male no one will ever be as direct and damming as your teenage son, and I suspect if you are female none will rival your teenage daughter, though I confess that I never stick around to see what happens.

Better to slip out of the house.

Recently my own, on looking over my shoulder at this blog – and just before his “you aren’t going to wear that shirt tonight are you?” – said, “Why does it say Happy New Year over there under your photo?”

Fair point.

So I changed it to Sublime September, which it turned out to be – with temperatures holding around 23 degrees celcius, skies resolutely blue and my knees resisting long trousers.

Now of course I have to change it again and so I have been searching for a suitable accolade.

October, time for an hour change, my mum’s birthday, halloween’s approach and beer festival somewhere.

So I chose opportunist October, I don’t know why – it was the first word that popped into my mind and has remained un-dislodged by any others.

So maybe we will be lucky, and just by saying it, it will.

No comments: