Tuesday 17 November 2009

Woof!


As part of my attempt to use coincidence as a constant theme through my November posts i have been looking high and low for the slightest as well as the more significant.

I think a balance is important.

Today i suddenly realised that the photo i posted on Sunday and the photo that adorns my blog - over there on the left - taken at almost fifty years interval, exhibit -if that's the right verb- a statistically significant level of coincidence.

As Minnie pointed out when i showed her... The dog too.

3 comments:

Anne Hodgson said...

What do you call that distinct face - a smirk? Not really. A smile? Well, hm. I think it's a "hm-face".

popps said...

I hope it's not a smirk Anne, i would hate it if i was considered a smirker.
A Hm- face, that's it.

Anne Hodgson said...

Don't mind me, I didn't mean it like that ... case of translator looking for words all over the place ... How strange that we lack words for facial expressions. Sorely. "Smile" has to do the job for too many very different faces. "Schmunzeln" is translated as "smile and chuckle", but it's one sentiment making the face.