Sunday 16 August 2009

Buzz


Imagine a human who looks like a bee.

I don't mean with wings, but try and imagine a bee transformed into a human.

Imagine him, because it is a worker bee, of moderate height and ample girth with a surprisingly round head but no apparent neck.

Imagine him swarthy yet smooth with significant but controlled eyebrows, a sparkle in the eyes.

Got that?

Now, imagine him wearing a stripey shirt - not yellow and black, that would be too much , but say....blue and black.

That's him.

I saw him today in my local market.... and he sells .........honey!

Honest.

You would expect him to say "Bonzzjour, Mezzieur et Mezzzdames."

I'll try and get a photo of him but it might be difficult and i didn't have my camera with me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read ... Bob Dylan wasn't at Woodstock he had to pull out at the last minute because his son was ill - which for me makes everything (even Woodstock) more sizeable and human.


wonder what Bob Dylan's "Blue-eyed Darling Young One" is doing now and wonder if Dylan wrote any father of a teenager songs ...
theres a teenager living in the house babe
When he came I just don't know
Im staying calm while he is eating biscuits
I don't know when he will go
When the rooster crows at the break of dawn....
Look out the window and he'll be gone
Don't think twice its alright.
Our neighbours have got chickens and I'm jealous they are lovely x

popps said...

Hi, i love your song; it's perfect and reminds me that i haven't updated the information about the interlopper that was eating all my chocolate biscuits.
I didn't want to say anything lest i messed up the perfect harmony that is the fact that he has returned home!
And i have my laptop charger back!
Now, those biscuits........

popps said...

Oh, and i hope it's not true but a Frenchman told me today that the 'my son is ill" story was just a story that Grumpy Bob put out as he didn't want to play - he was living in Woodstock at the time and never played locally.
I hope it is just a case of the French loving to hate America ,but the story may be true.
By the way there was a strange story about Dylan being arrested for hanging around Bruce Springsteen's childhood home in the paper today.