Friday 13 September 2013

September Siftings - tears.



The bedroom is dark, she is still sleeping and the sun has not yet risen.

The cat follows me in.

I have never waited for this day, never wished its dawn and would trade my soul for it not to be.

I stroke her hair.

I will not cry, that will be later.

The kitchen is dark too.

The cat has followed me here – he knows.

I select a CD randomly, hoping that something will ease the moment.

I draw Leonard Cohen.

Probably an error.

By the time I reach the highway it is not dark anymore.

It is grey.

It is raining.

The sky is fit for pigs and I have a mood to match.

And Leonard sings “the night you tried to get clear”.

And the tears come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be lonely don't be down go and enjoy the dinner that was made so lovingly to cheer you up by your other kinder.

Anonymous said...

I love you daddy! I miss you see you soon xxx