Saturday 14 September 2013

September Siftings - And smiles.




A first morning of a new dawn…

Mist hides the mid-September sun, patches of warmth lie on the grass as I walk through the fallen apples to stand by the last of the year’s roses.

The mist rushes past, eager to escape the coming heat.

The cat follows me and drinks from the stone basin, another comes and greets me.

I stretch.

Should I run?

Back at the house I make tea and take it back to bed and try to see how this new beginning, inevitable ending, feels.

Am I ok?

I think so.

Will I be later, tomorrow, the day after?

I don’t know.

And then I see it.

Your sun, the one you brought home from primary school. It is hanging there from the beam where my eyes are sure to go.

Its rays are bent as if it had been sleeping rough, but nine remain strong and proud. Its smile is strong and I can see where your small hands struggled with the yellow paint.

And I smile even as the tears flow.

and here's a song to accompany.

4 comments:

Anne Hodgson said...

Hi Chris, lovely. There's magic in the lifting fog, when you see the sun. Magic.

popps said...

There's beauty in that silver singing river.....

Anonymous said...

Made me cry putting it up...things have to move places! XXX

popps said...

Things have to move places?
was that Buddha?