Sunday 19 June 2011

Thought of the (Self-Portrait) Day 24


You know I am really enjoying these Sunday chats, I feel like I’m finally getting to know the real you.

You mean with all this self-portrait stuff?

Yes - that as well, but when I sit down with you I feel like I really get to understand what’s going on behind the mask.

You do?

I do.

Not like that Glaswegian Syrian Lesbian bloke then?

Not at all – if we exposed you we would find out what we knew already – a bushy tailed romantic who shouldn’t be trusted one inch!

How dare you!

Do you deny it?

I saw a great film this week.

Don’t change the subject, do you deny it?

No I’m telling you, I saw a REALLY good film this week – Woody Allen’s “Midnight in Paris”.

Woody Allen- that old fart, why did you go and see that!?

He’s not THAT old, he might be a fart I don’t know, but his films are always good, somewhere – the script, a scene, an actor or actress, an idea.

What was it about?

A guy who is about to get married yet falls in love with a girl from the past.

Hmm, topical.

What do you mean by that?

You know.

I do not.

Do.

Don’t.

Do, do, do, do, a million times and no returns.

You’re childish!

Ha! You can talk!

Ah, thank you – as I as saying it is a great film, ok – maybe not his greatest but it’s funny, a nice idea, a few surprises and you come out feeling good.

A bit like life?

Hmmm, maybe.

I heard the president’s wife is in it.

She is.

And?

Lots of other people too.

No, I meant .... oh forget it.

You are always telling me to forget it.

Forget what?

Er…

?

Exactly.

1 comment:

Anne Hodgson said...

Thanks for the tip. http://annehodgson.de/2011/06/22/midnight-in-paris-discourse-markers/