Thursday 10 November 2022

The Remains of Remembered Memories.





I have finally attained a level three Samurai certificate!


It basically means I can hold a stick.


Chop certainly, but also a small branch or broom.


I am further allowed to manipulate a coat hanger within the confines of a wardrobe.


A wooden coat hanger.


Metal ones are covered in level two.


The certificate was awarded to me in a dream last night, which found me learning Japanese whilst tending a garden in the courtyard of the French Space Agency.


I was watering plants and later teaching English to someone from Japan who spoke it better than I.


English and Japanese.


The rigorous testing regime included watering plants through a small filter and convincing the Samurai Master that I was not trying to ascertain his age.


If I had been asked I would have ventured ‘venerable’.


In Japanese I can say hello, my name is Chris (Steve, Jack, Martin etc.) and count to five fairly quickly.


I used to know something else but it has gone with many other things that my youth was unable to hang on to.


All that remains are memories of a memory.

 




No comments: