Thursday 13 October 2016

An Exercise in Style - A Bitsnbobs Mini-Series (Phone Call).

exercise in style -13
you might know by now that this month on the blog is Mini-Series month, and that that mini-series was inspired by a certain Queneau. If, however, you don't know this you should click on this link which explains everything.

DAY 13 Phone Call

“Hello, West Tyne Police Station, Detective Peterson speaking, how can I help”

“Bill, it’s Jane Witham here. I’m at home and it’s happened again. It’s the third time this week and I want to press charges.”

“Are you sure?”

“He’s broken all the roses. He’s unconscious in the middle of them.”

“Shit. I’ll send someone right over.”

“And he’s carved something onto the table.”

“Something?”

“A name. And there’s blood.”

“Blood? Whose? No, it doesn’t matter, don’t touch anything; we’re on our way. Put a blanket around him and keep him alive until I get there.”

“Thanks.”


“Bye.”

ab/148

No comments: