Monday 25 July 2016

Omelettes and the letter M.

the omelette set in stone


The other day I wrote something about how I couldn’t run 100 meters in 9.58 seconds.

Not many people can.

Today it’s omelettes.

You see, it started with mozzarella, tomato and fresh basil for lunch.

Buffalo Mozzarella.

Then a bit of googling – (mozzarella/buffalo/mozzarella sticks) – and I stumbled on Larry’s you-tube video.

Larry’s video is titled – ‘how to make an omelette –easy’.

It’s thirteen minutes and eight seconds long.

13.08!!

Here’s a link if you don’t believe me, though honestly I don’t think there’s any other reason to watch it.

I can make an omelette.

I have done many a morning.

I even made one on stage once – a scene that got cut after the dress rehearsal.

You don’t need thirteen minutes.

Especially if it’s the ‘easy’ version.

I guess Usain Bolt would need the eight seconds.

I’ll time myself and get back to you because my daughter just strolled by and said – ‘I’ve been counting.”


“M is the thirteenth letter of the alphabet.”

I couldn’t argue.

“Did you do it on purpose?”

I should point out that she’s not holding me to account for the alphabet, just the spelling of her first name.

She was born on the 13th of the month.

I have, incidentally, taught her how to make an omelette.


She too doesn’t need thirteen minutes.

int/55

No comments: