Saturday 11 June 2016

Time For a Postcard 10.

on a wall in Naploi


All roads lead to Rome.

Except this one, ‘cos the police have blocked it off.

And this one.

They’ve blocked this one off too.

The guy driving the blue Fiat that I’m following draws up alongside.

Somehow I’ve ended up in front of him.

He smiles and shrugs and rushes off in the opposite direction.

I turn left – it’s the last thing he said.

The police have shut this road off too.

They tell me to turn left again.

At the end it’s no entry, so I have to turn left again.

I’m back where I started.

I try the same thing to the right.

The same thing happens.

Then the police block off this road.

The phone rings.

“Are you still coming?”
“Yes.”
“Where are you?”
“I don’t know.”
“Ok see you when you get here.”

Three hours pass.

I’m not happy.

I’ve been past this wall three times.

Fuck it! Even if it IS ancient.

Leave the car here.


Take the tube.

abint/10

No comments: