Wednesday 11 March 2015

Classified mess.

I and i

So… The Imitation Game, where were we?

Trying to weave together Descartes, Good Vibrations and a whole mess of other things including you being you and I being me - or the contrary.

Forget that then.

Yes, let’s. Instead – may I ask you this; why do you think it was called the Imitation Game?

Beats me.

It came up at the very beginning and the very end of the film.

Maybe I’d have to see the beginning of the film again to understand the connection.

Would you want to see it again?

Not particularly, I enjoyed it but I think a big part of that enjoyment was discovering the story of which I have been ignorant most of my life.

It was a classified state secret, or at least I think it was, for much of that.

Anyways, I can’t answer your question and if there were a clue at the beginning I would likely be distracted again by seeing an actor that until that moment I associated strongly with Count Arthur Strong.

Unbalancing not to see him in a greasy spoon café?

It was. But I remember that he asked Mr Turin what he had been doing during the war and Turin explaining that he had to pay attention as he listened.

But I thought the imitation game, lower-case intended, was to help you decide if you were talking to a machine or a person?

The film didn’t seem to be about that did it?

I don’t think so; I think it was about one machine trying to defeat another.

Ooooh, oversimplifying there I think. It must have been about the team trying to do that  too - or at least the man.

It should have been about the way society treated gays really.

Maybe it was.

I don’t think so, it seemed to be an after thought.

What was that phrase that kept popping up in the film?

The one that popped up three times?

Yes, maybe it was about that?

"Sometimes it is the people no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine."



No comments: