Saturday 31 January 2015

Shanti.

A questing we will go

I’d like to apologise, I think I have been flippant.

Are you ok?

Yes, I’m ok, don’t worry it’s just that yesterday we spoke about religion, a little, and I didn’t really say anything that couldn’t just have been scrunched up and thrown into the bin. It was a sort of intellectual candyfloss at beast, wet tissue paper maybe.

What on earth are you talking about?

Religion, it was bubbling underneath, like a babbling mountain brook but I was unable to articulate anything worthwhile.

This is something some folk might level at this blog in general.

They might, though Mary wouldn’t, but they would be mistaken.

She left a lovely comment didn’t she? (editorial note t)

There you go, that’s a point in evidence – though that expression was probably wrong – her comment was worth its weight in literary gold and though you could trawl through these posts for months without finding those nuggets… they are there. (editorial note t)

Why are you telling me all this?

Well….. I’m listening to the radio and they are talking about the writer, what’s his name, and they are talking about his myriad religious believes and they are talking of spiritual search.

What’shisname? What’s his name? Who?

Salinger.

Catcher in The Rye?

Him.

Ok, and?

Well I felt that since religion had popped up the other day, I should offer something deeper than ‘ I like religion, a bit”.

Journey of the soul towards self-realisation, that’s maybe what you wanted to say?

Yes! Religion was probably the wrong word – what I meant is that the blog is a spiritual journey, sort of.

Your barmy you are mate, just because it was your birthday you’ve gone all naval. You need to go see The Pope.


Good idea, let’s go….. (to be continued)

No comments: