Monday 2 September 2013

September's Siftings - The Bucket.




You know those things some people have, bucket lists?

Horrible word no?

Bucket that is, in this context. List is ok. I quite like the word.

I had a bad day the other day, and it came to mind.

Hull I thought.

Not hell.

Hull.

I’ve never been to Hull, I’ve never lived in Hull, I want to live in Hull, I should start a bucket list!

A slippery slope, the next thing I’ll be dead.

But I had had a bad day.

What is it with this sudden obsession with Hull?

I blame The Guardian newspaper and the picture they recently published (link unavailable).

It looks nice, I want to live there!

I want to live in Oban too!

And San Francisco!

I spent 18 years of my short life, !* YEARS!, living in Orpington!!

What’s the point of living if you can’t live in as many… hang on… Hull, Oban, San Francisco?

Water! I want to live by the water!

It’s been REALLY hot here lately – suffocating! I need rain!

I sat in the rain last night; the day had been sweltering (as well as suffocating) and I could see the storm building in the sky across the valley. Darker and darker, evil in clouds, blacker and blacker. Then the rush of wind , distant flashes, then the calm before. Then the first drops, instantly evaporating on my fevered temple.

Then it broke, I sat in the outside armchair and swam in the freedom of wet.

Then thunder cracked above me slightly to the left.

My body jumped several feet to the right.

Time to go in, this could be dangerous, so I ran with the cat.

Past the bucket that stood by the half full, half cleaned splash pool swimming pool thing.

That should be on my list!

My Bucket list!

A new bucket!!

I need one.

I stayed at my brother-in-law’s house last week.

I don’t know if he has a bucket list but he DOES have a list of THINGS I HAVE TO DO IN 2013 and some were crossed as attained.

I’m impressed.

I have never done that.

I have never done most of the things I have to do.

And that was when I realised that my Bucket List would look like this.

1. Pay the man in the garage for the repairs he did to my car last month - I don’t want to leave him unpaid, he’s one of the good guys.
2. Live in Hull.
3. Buy a new bucket.

Pathetic eh?

Here’s a better one.

1. Do everything I love as much as possible.

Hmm, not sure I would pay the garage man in that case….

No comments: