Sunday 25 August 2013

A Thought of The Day - book-turnup (noun)




Can I ask YOU something this week?

Ooooh, that’s a book-turnup, it’s usually ME asking YOU! What’s up?

How is it being you?

What?

How is it being you, you always seem so carefree?

I do?

Don’t you ever feel lonely?

No.

Aren’t you weighed down by the immense burden of all the yesterdays?

You’re a mess, you know that?

Don’t you ever cry, uncontrollably, when you’re driving home from a night sleeping on the beach under a recently full moon, listening to The Beatles Let it Be album?

Can’t say I do, no.

Don’t you ever sob when you see a cloud of swallows fly up at the tail end of August after a sunrise so peaceful that the waves held their breath?

Er, no sorry.

What should I do?

Ring Mary.

Is that your answer to everything?

Yes.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Left my son in his dorm at an Ohio college on Saturday. Told myself I wouldn't cry. I didn't. I smiled. I told him he was the joy of my life. I wished him a great year with all of my heart. I hugged him and let go.

Charlie said it best:

Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking.
When there are clouds in the sky
you'll get by.

If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through
For you.

Light up your face with gladness,
Hide every trace of sadness.
Although a tear may be ever so near
That's the time you must keep on trying

Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile-

If you just smile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps6ck1ejoAw


"Time makes you bolder, childen get older, I'm getting older too."


Be glad.

Be grateful.

Be hopeful.

What's the alternative?

Oh the places our children will go.

As for me, I will cry on my own time. Yes, when I am sitting alone watching birds in the sky and listening to The Beatles, I will join all of the other loving parents who wish they could hold their babies in their arms one more time.

Mx

Mary said...

Just left a comment but it has now disappeared. Did you get it?

Mx

popps said...

i read it in my e-mail - god knows where it went though.

Blame blogger.

Of course - it made me cry!

popps said...

There you go!
It's back - and my blog is richer for it.
Apparently it got stuck in the Spam backwaters of the blog - i didn't know i had one, it's a fascinating place.
Hmm - might be a "special" - a drift through the backwaters......