Wednesday 19 June 2013

In The Tunnels of Time - The Llama




My wife’s away.

Just before she left she instructed me to buy a new car.

“I’m useless with cars, can you do it?” She said this just after she had pulled in front of an oncoming, I have right of way, solid and well-built automobile that drove the final nail into the coffin of our wobbly rickety old Citroen.

Trouble is I’m useless with cars too.

I went online and put “wobbly rickety Citroen” into the search. It seems that no one drives them anymore, they belonged to another century.

I went to the local garage.

“What do you want?”

“Something wobbly and rickety, I have a budget of 3000 euro.”

He looked around.

“There’s this “ he said pointing to the fence, and then laughed.

On the way home I saw a car in the village with a for sale sign.

It had four wheels, was about the right length but was the wrong colour. What’s more, they wanted 3500 for it.

So I went to the supermarket, there’s a notice board of small ads next to the carrots.

There was a Peugeot for sale; it had a nice serial number and a very, very low kilometerage.

But it was WAY out of my price range.

Then a small ad caught my eye.

Llama for sale.

500 euro.

I couldn’t resist.

No comments: