Thursday 16 February 2012

Goodnooosbadnooos.


The good news is that the bath emptied, the shower works again and that the washing machine has stopped emptying onto the bathroom floor.

The bad news is that now there is no water because Mr Garcia’s pipes in the valley have burst.

The bad news continues in that the toilet is still blocked, but the good news is that the man is coming in his big lorry to suck up the mess and sort it out.

The bad news is, of course, that there is no water because Mr Garcia’s pipes in the valley have burst.

And the big sucking-up lorry man will need water to do his job.

But the good news is that the snow, ice and aggressive chill factor have thawed!

And that I have been for my first run in donkey’s time.

And my leg didn’t hurt.

The bad news is that my foot does.

But the good news is that I don’t care, I’ll run on it anyway.

The bad news is that at the end of today’s run I won’t be able to bathe because Mr Garcia and his sodden pipes…

Actually it’s probably a case of sodden house, not pipes, since they have burst all over his kitchen I suppose.

The good news is that he could come and eat here.

The bad news is that I don’t actually know him - he is just a name I hear when I speak to the man from the water company.

The good news there is that HE knows of the situation.

The bad news is that I rang him two hours ago and I KNOW he hasn’t been anywhere near my house.

The good news is that the problem is not here but in the valley.

The bad news is that usually when this happens (see here) it takes three days minimum to sort out.

And the bad news is that the man with the sucking-up-mess-lorry-that-needs-a-flow-of –water-to-do-its-messy-magic has just arrived.


good news/bad news - a Bitsnbobs occasional series

No comments: