Sunday 11 December 2011

A Christmas advent (11) (thought of the day 45)




Well it’s lucky we’re here, that’s all I can say!

If that’s all you can say then this Thought of The Day (the bit of Bits – the blog that’s abbreviated – where we do a Sunday Special Natter) isn’t going to be very long is it?

No, I didn’t mean it like that – I meant, I mean, it’s like…..

Come one, spit it out.

That’s it! Spit, yes, I was being emphatic!

I don’t think being emphatic and spitting is the same thing.

No?

No.

Never mind, it’s damm lucky we’re here, I’m telling you.

You’ve told me twice already! Get on with it. What’s your beef?

Beef?

Beef.

I’m a vegetarian.

You’re not; you ate Prawns the other night!

Yum! The best prawns I’ve ever eaten!

Get on with it! What did you want to tell me?

That it’s lucky we’re here.

Why?

Sundayness.

Sundayness?

Yes, don’t you remember – this Christmas advent musical Whatsit.

How can I forget – it’s all I see here!

Yes, it’s Christmas… well, it’s not Christmas yet, but it will be , and this is advent like an adventure.

Adventure?

Yeah, you know, opening doors and you don’t know what you will find behind them.

Butter?

What?

Butter.

What are you talking about?

Butter.

Why?

I don’t know, it was just a thought and I thought I’d spread it around.

Spread! He he he, very good. Now, these doors…

There aren’t any doors.

Metaphorical doors.

Metaphorical doors, don’t you mean metal doors?

No, he he he , this blog is a sort of door, you open it and bam you’re in the Christmas adventure.

Ah, I get it, sort of.

Good. So, it’s lucky we are here to keep a Sundayness to the whole thing, because the Sundays of Advent are special aren’t they? You said so yourself last Sunday.

I did?

You did.

Are you sure it wasn’t you?

Hang on, I’ll check…… no it was you!

Ok, in that case it’s a good idea let’s do it! Er…. how?

Well look at the last week! Kate Bush, Train, George Winston, David Bowie, The Weather Girls and some French dude – where’s the holy in that?

Holy Mackerel?

No comments: