Thursday 4 March 2010

Up Up and Upway



source:http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/interactive/2009/feb/18/oscars-2009-interactive

God, wouldn’t it be perfect if Up stole the Best Picture Oscar from Avatar?

I’ve just looked at the nominations and I see Up is in there, being nominated alongside the others, not only for best animation, but also best screenplay and best picture.

I fear folk in the academy will simply see it as an animation and close their eyes to anything other than the gloss and fanfare of Avatar, but that would be a shame as it’s a tender and beautiful film.

My teenage daughter took me to see it after initially seeing it with her friend Rosie.
She told me I would love it.
I did.

I think she saw a lot in the main character that reminded her of her dad.

Not just the grumpy bits. (I hope).

Cartoons that can make us cry are pearls and deserve their moment in the light.

Here in Bitsnbobs we are deep in Pearls too as we undermine the crass and exclusivity of Hollywood’s Oscars with our own alternative accolades – The Bitsnbobs Oscars 2010.

Or, as they are coming to be known – The Pearls.

You can vote here by clicking on this link –

Click here to take survey

And then a bit more (there’s a second part) by clicking here -

Click here to take survey

No comments: