Tuesday 7 May 2019

Number 19, Number 19, Number .......

.......19.


At one point in the past I wondered out loud if I could post a post on this blog every day.

One year and 365 posts.

So I did.

And I did it again.

And probably a third year consecutively… hang on, let’s check….. four.

Then I started to feel bound by my own insistence and tried to find a way to break it without breaking it, so at one point I started to write posts and save them for the next year – so that I could build up a backlog and hopefully 365 of them – my blog the year that I was doing that was a daily conversation.

What I discovered was that I didn’t stockpile 365, I fell short.

And I cobbled together something to give it structure that didn’t. have one.

So I tried again – aiming at 52 so that there could be one every week and therefore a clear structure.

Whilst I was publishing those, last year, I started stockpiling posts for 2019 and put them aside in a folder – labelled 2019. It’s time to open it and see what’s inside. 

On May 4th2018 I had a grand total of 18 posts ready – not a lot but they were written only when the need arose.

19 if you count this one.

Which I will because that May 4this when I wrote it.

But in fact it has become number one. (editors note - no it hasn't, i left it here as number 19)

formerly published in The Archives.

No comments: