Monday 13 March 2017

Earlier that same night.

Madrid/five nights ago


That’s a big plate of Chorizo.

It’s a raciones.

I thought we were eating tapas.

Tapas are like raciones, but smaller

Really? Raciones sounds like a ration, something to have when there isn’t much to have.

It’s bigger than a tapas.

Like I said, it’s a big plate of Chorizo.

Spicy too.

Lucky we have this white wine.

And the one we already had.

Shall we have another?

Might help us sleep.

On this street? I doubt it.

Let’s have a plate of tomato salad too.

And some Roul?

What’s that?

I don’t know, but the guy in the corner was eating it and he said it was really good.

Was he Spanish?

He sounded like it, but his card says San Francisco.

He’s a long way from home. Why did he give you his card?

Because I took his photo.

Is that ok?

I asked him first, well, I asked his girlfriend; she called him back in.

By the way, how do you think they get those bottles off the top shelf over the stair well?


The bar has been her since 1929, they have probably figured out a way.

No comments: