Wednesday 27 April 2016

Nothing is perfect.

below the above

I am listening to the radio.

In the sitting room I am listening to it through a television.

The television buzzes if the volume is too high, so in the kitchen I am listening to the radio through a computer - which in turn has a volume deficiency.

I am listening to the same programme.

If I walk from the kitchen to the sitting room I pass through a cluttered open space known (to me) as the ‘utility’ room.

It’s not an architectural masterpiece.

But it is a time warp.

In the sitting room the radio is ahead of the kitchen, in the kitchen it’s behind.

And this is live radio.

By passing through the utility room I can travel in time.

If I stop there, time no longer has purpose.


But I can’t hear the radio.

ab/66

2 comments: