Monday 7 December 2015

The BsnBs Musical Christmas Advent Calendar Thingy 2015 (seven)



So... you found a seventh- you said it was the hardest part.

It wasn’t easy.

Why so hard?

Well apart from the obsessive need to be eclectic, unexpected, unique and inventive..; there is the fact that the sun is shining brightly, the temperature is mild and thoughts of Christmastime are far away and maybe in my past.

In your past?

Not sure I can be bothered.

Bollocks! You’ve already bought your presents.

But I’ve cancelled my travel plans.

What!? We’re not going anywhere this year?

No – staying put.

In this sunshine! It ain’t Christmas. Christmas has to be dark and cold. Cloudy breath; under twinkly lights.

I know, I know – but I’ve got no money and the fares are so, so expensive.

It didn’t stop Mary and Joseph.

They had a Donkey.

You’ve got a bike.

I might well ride it on Christmas day if the weather carries on like this – you know I hung the washing out on the line today.

Did it dry?

Not exactly, close though.

As close as this song is Christmassy?


I’m staying with the cold theme for a bit, it seems the only way to ease us towards the delights of pine trees and candles.

No comments: