Friday 27 February 2015

Treasure is as treasure is.

another corner, another road - but like the others......


Hey, do you remember Bob?

Bob and the Boxes?

Yep.

I remember him. (editorial note t)

Didn't he say something about a patootie?

A what? A potato?

No! A patootie.

What's a patootie?

It's a new word, i just learn't it, i thought i'd try it out.

Try it again.

Patootie.

No, i still don't get it, let me look it up ......... Ah! Yes he did! (editorial text t)

Well.... What would you give her for her birthday?


What makes you think I’m going to give her anything for her birthday?

Of course you will, you fancy her.

No I don’t!

Give her some flowers.

Shut up.

Body lotion? Coconut and lime body lotion.

She already smells of coconuts and lime.

See! I told you! You fancy her.

And spices.

See!

And midnight.

Midnight? How can anyone smell of midnight?

The night is full of promise and mystery.

Are you saying she smells of promise?

Mystery.

Give her that Roy Orbison song. (editorial note m)

She would laugh at me.

Chicken!

Not. I already told her anyhows.

So, come on, you’ve clearly thought about it – what would you give her for her birthday?

A, …. no….,  I wouldn’t give her anything.

Really?

No - I’d ask her what she wants for her birthday. And try to work out how to give her that.

She might ask for treasure.

Not all that glitters is gold.

She still might ask for it.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

Might be safer to make her a cake.

Put some candles on top and then she can have a wish?

And sing happy birthday.




No comments: