Saturday 1 November 2014

Sadness of the year.



Rifle shots…..there are hunters near the house.

Day of the Dead.

A week ago, Rémi  Fraisse died. He was 21.

I didn’t know him, but he came from Toulouse and we stood in the same forest very recently.

He was there again last Saturday, I wasn’t; I was at home, comfortable on my sofa watching Dr Who.

To get to this forest you have to drive through the local town of Gaillac, I did so on Tuesday evening.

It was full of riot police.

In full body armour.

They were there to protect the town, maybe me too, but I didn’t feel protected.

I felt intimidated.

I felt angry.

They hadn't protected Remi either; he was killed by a stun grenade that one of them had launched in the forest.

It hit Remi in the back.

Grenade shots……. there are riot police in the forest.


Day of the dead.


No comments: